If you’re unable to find the answer you’re looking for, don’t hesitate to send us an email and we’ll get in touch as soon as possible!
What is Online Counselling?
Online counselling is a popular model for providing support to people in need. Organisations such as Lifeline, Suicide Call Back Service, Kids Helpline, and Headspace have included online counselling in their service provision due to the many benefits is offers. Many clients find it difficult to find the time to attend a face-to-face consultation, so online counselling is perfect for those who are unable to access counselling in person. Research has shown that online counselling is just as effective in treating a wide variety of common disorders. Whether you're suffering from anxiety, depression, grief, or you're in need of relationship counselling, George will give you the tools you need to improve your life.
Online counselling sessions can be performed via Skype, phone, email, or text in the comfort of your own private environment. Online counselling is similar to face-to-face counselling except the client doesn’t need to travel to an office for an appointment and uses their phone, tablet, computer with an internet connection to speak with your counsellor. Online counselling is generally cheaper and more flexible than face-to-face counselling which is typically only performed during business hours.
How do live video sessions work?
Live video sessions are the most popular type of online counselling which are usually performed via Skype. This is the most effective form of online counselling because you and your counsellor can see each other and talk freely without any barriers in communication. Skype will need to be installed on your phone/tablet/computer and your counsellor will call you on Skype at the beginning of your appointment. After you accept the call, a video screen will open, and you’ll immediately see your counsellor on your device.
All you need is:
- A stable internet connection
- A quiet room or space where you can talk without interruptions
- A computer, phone, or tablet with a webcam
- Skype software
Using the convenience of Skype, you can speak with your counsellor in exactly the same way as if you were in person. George is extremely flexible and sessions can take place around your work schedule and other commitments, making online counselling perfect for those with busy work lives or commitments like caring for young children.
Fees & Payment
All consultations are 60 minute sessions, however if there are budgetary constraints then we do offer 30 minute sessions on an individual basis. Flexibility is available so feel free to contact us to discuss your individual situation.
- All new clients have a free 15 minute consultation
- Individual Counselling session fee is $80/hourly session
- Couple/ Relationship Counselling fee is $120.00/hourly session
* Telecounselling rebates are available for clients with Private Health Insurance. George Stack is currently approved with BUPA, Medibank Private, and Wilco. Please check with your individual Health Fund for further information related to telecounselling rebates.
How do I make an appointment and send payment?
To make an appointment with George Stack, simply complete the online bookings & inquiries form and we’ll contact you personally within 24 hours.
When it comes time to pay, we’ll send you a PayPal invoice which you can easily pay with a credit card. Don’t worry, you don’t need to create a PayPal account and the process is quick and simple. Please note, we request that payment is made within 48 hours of your booking.
Stack Counselling takes the issue of confidentiality very seriously. Always remember that any information given to us is private and personal and will never be passed onto a third party. You can be rest assured that any personal information will only be released to another party with your consent (such as another Practitioner).
Please be mindful that the only instances where personal information can be released without your consent are:
- When it is subpoenaed by a court
- Failure to disclose the information would put you or another person in serious or imminent risk
- If disclosure is otherwise required or authorised by the Law
How do live phone sessions work?
Live phone sessions are an excellent way to conveniently speak with your counsellor over the phone. All you need is a mobile phone or landline and you can speak with your counsellor regardless of where you’re located.
You’ll still need to make an appointment with your counsellor to schedule a live phone session. Simply request a live phone session when completing an online booking & inquiries form and ensure you provide your preferred phone number so your counsellor can contact you at the start of your appointment.
What happens if I can't make my appointment?
Stack Counselling has very simple rules when it comes to cancelling your online appointment. If you’re unable to attend your appointment, we are happy to refund your appointment fee depending on how much notice is provided:
- If you cancel your appointment with more than 48 hours’ notice, you will receive a full refund of your appointment fee.
- If you cancel your appointment with less than 48 hours’ notice, but more than 24 hours’ notice, you will receive 50% of your appointment fee as a refund.
- If you cancel with less than 24 hours’ notice, or you fail to attend your appointment upon its commencement, you will be charged the full appointments fee and won’t receive a refund at all.
Please keep in mind that if your counsellor cancels your appointment, you are entitled to a 100% refund of your appointment fee.